An inquest into the death of Lester McLennan, 20, of South Vale, is set to be heard in September after he was found on February 23.
The keen hiker was reported missing November 2, 2024, when he undertook a solo trip to the beauty spot while on a family holiday to Northern Ireland.
A search operation was launched but his body was found close to Bushmills.
A brief review hearing at Belfast Coroner’s Court on Monday morning was told the inquest is likely to be heard on the planned date of September 8.
Mr McLennan’s mother Lalitha, 54, was among those who attended the hearing remotely.
She previously told MailOnline: “Lester was really excited to do a long hike at the Giant’s Causeway on Friday 1st.
“He went alone and was seen and spoken to around 2pm on Friday by a tour guide on the cliff path.
“Lester was a keen and fast hiker.”
She added that Lester had been “really exited” to begin a course at Morley College studying philosophy, history, English and creative writing.
Coroner Joe McCrisken said they are in a “good position to proceed on the date that has been listed, September 8”.
The inquest is to be heard in one day at Coleraine courthouse.