Four new energy-efficient escalators are set to be installed as part of the project.
Transport for London (TfL) has pledged to keep the public informed with regular updates on the progress of the works.
So far, the station has been converted into a safe work site, and fixtures and fittings above and around escalators three and four have been removed.
The design and installation of strong steel supports and lifting gear to safely remove and replace escalators three and four have been completed.
The escalators have been dismantled into manageable sections for extraction, and the parts removed overnight using rigging, a mobile crane, and lorries.
The works will be completed in Spring 2026 (Image: TfL)
Fixtures and fittings for escalators one and two have also been removed, ready for dismantling and extraction.
The new escalators are currently being manufactured, with the first unit expected to arrive for installation in the autumn.
TfL’s head of operations for the DLR, Ben Grellier, said: “Work to install four brand-new, energy-efficient escalators is progressing well, and we thank customers for their continued patience.
“We remain on target to reopen the station in spring 2026, when customers will benefit from more reliable and easier access to DLR services.”
The project, which began on May 31, 2025, is replacing all four escalators simultaneously to minimise disruption.
The station cannot remain open during the works (Image: TfL)
The station’s limited space means it cannot remain open during the works.
While the station is closed, customers are advised to use nearby Greenwich station, an 11-minute walk away, or take advantage of local bus services.
Street-level signage has been improved to guide customers between Cutty Sark and Greenwich stations.
TfL has said that all scrapped parts of the escalators will be recycled where possible.